Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Advent Calendars

One of my favorite traditions as a child was our advent calendars.  My grandmother created us beautiful cross-stitched calendars and every year would attach small gifts that we would open on each of the days of December leading up to Christmas.  Even now as an adult my calendar is still replenished with gifts from my Grandpa who likes to keep the tradition going just as much as I do.
As you can see Christmas is close!
 Since I loved this tradition so much I made Kenny a calendar of his own.
Was Kenny's calendar.. notice the bones. : )
But as you can see I quickly learned that this calendar doesn't have much room to hold the average gifts I pick for Kenny and would hold up better for James. Kenny's gift now reside in a bag where all his presents are numbered and easy to pick out.  

All three of us open our gifts together each night and celebrate the holiday season. : )

No comments: